Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mountain Movement: Game on!

It took two months longer than I thought it would, but I'm finally done with the course syllabus for "Mountain Movement." The idea behind this course is to help people move more securely, enjoyable, quickly and with more overall comfort in non-technical mountain environments. The more time I spend in the mountains the more I realize the crux of many days is not the climbing or technical rope skills but the talus on the way to the climb, moving quickly down the steep slippery trail, or staying ahead of the nutrition curve while moving for hours at a time. I'm so fired up on all of this that I'm writing another book on the subject, and I want to continue the field drills I've been doing with some "guinea pigs...." The dates are July 15 through 18th, drop me an email if you're interested, should be fun!


No comments: